4.27.2008

The BIG day...


Is she not the cutest thing you have ever seen!

It is a very big day at our house. The day we take out the piercing earrings and jazz it up a little!
We bought three pairs at Disney waiting anxiously for this day- It was supposed to be last week:) I was really in no hurry to start another thing in the starting of our day. We now get to decide what earrings look best! Help me! Ashlyn has been amazing with the piercing of her ears. If she was only as good with cleaning her room;P
Here is a little history of Ashlyn's ears, and how we got to today. When Ashlyn was born, I wanted to have her ears pierced, and Sam said emphatically NO! Those of you who know Sam know he is not the type to disagree about much, but on this subject he would not budge. His argument was "She should make the choice on her own. You should not choose this for her." To which I argued, "Parents make the choice to have their sons circumcised, and not wait until he can make the decision himself!" Well that did not FLY! I agreed to wait until the time was right.
Starting at about age two, Ashlyn took a real interest in BLING. Although, not wanting to have holes in her head.
At age 5 she said, "I want to pierce my ears now." I said, "Great we will go. And you do know you will have to take care of them several times a day, cleaning and twisting." She said "TWISTING?" She must have then had a flash back to all those infant and early childhood ear infections and exams and promptly said " Maybe next week." This went on until March 7, 2008 at 8:30 pm. While tucking her into bed she stated, "Tomorrow I want to pierce my ears! I really want to pierce my ears." Believing that this shall pass I went to bed. Sure enough, the next morning - I believe it was 6:30. She woke up and said, " Can we go now?" And a few hours (and many tears) later, our sweet daughter had her ears pierced with darling little pearls.
I know, quite the story. However, since I am using this as my journal, you all will have to bear with these painfully long stories. Or you could just not read them, but then why wouldn't you!

Note the sad red face and tears.
She did smile for the camera though!
I have raised her right!
{Amanda at the Piercing pagoda in the Provo mall}

1 comment:

ARCHER'S said...

That was fun to read - Ashlyn is such a cutie!! I can just hear her saying those things. Thanks for sharing. Diane