8.18.2008

School Bag In Hand...





I cannot believe my baby is off to SECOND grade. I have such mixed emotions about this. She is so excited to be back to school. No more pestering me about play dates, or doing "something fun". I do share this excitement with her in remembering my school days, so long ago.
BUT...

A little bit of my heart breaks each and every beginning school year. Growing and moving on. Soon enough we will be taking her to college,then walking her down the isle. I feel the years slipping through my fingers. There is not one thing I can do, except love each and every day I am blessed to have this amazing, beautiful, angel in my life.

3 comments:

Marianne said...

Now I'm crying! Thanks a lot!! You have such a gift for articulating tender feelings. I love you. And I love seeing Ashlyn at school each day. She is a sweet girl.

Jordan and Tara said...

Ashlyn looks adorable in those pictures!!! I can't believe she's in second grade either. Wow!

bookmom said...

I loved getting your blog address! Fun to see the photo history of you and Sam. Glad to see the 4-H pictures too!