7.05.2008

I LOVE the 4th of JULY!

The 4th of July is my second fave holiday. We start our day early to see the balloons, off to breakfast, then to the PARADE! For many years we have stressed about getting a spot on the route.This is something passed on from my Grandpa Jaeger{whom I miss SO much this time of year} He always was up early to save us a place for the days of '47 PARADE. The last two years we have JUST GONE and NOT STRESSED. Take our chairs and find a spot. Makes me SO happy. I love the Freedom Days parade. We then had lunch, took a nap(not Ash-of course...see pic of her sleeping during the Stadium of fire). Then off to dinner at Mom and Dads. We were very lucky to be 8 of the 35,000 people to get Stadium Of Fire tickets(which sold out in 7 minutes!) Ashlyn was excited to see Miley, and we enjoyed the Blue Man Group. Amazing fireworks set to popular motion picture movie theme songs. What a great day!
WE LOVE THE U.S.A.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to agree...the 4th is such a great holiday!! We enjoyed the balloons, breakfast, swimming, and then our own fireworks!! The kids loved it!! I am so excited that we can be blog buddies!!!

~Carly

Melissa Nelson said...

That looks like so much fun! We didn't get to do anything this year because I worked the night of the third and the fourth. But, next year we are going all out and I can't wait! I'm jealous you got stadium of fire tickets. I bet it was amazing!