7.22.2008

We call her Crystal...

Today we set our newest family member free...



One out of five caterpillars survived. Ashlyn named her Crystal in the Chrysalis...so cute. After several weeks, and a funeral for the "sisters" that didn't make it. We welcomed Crystal into the family on Monday, July 21st. We LOVED watching something so beautiful take place. The beauty is so different up close. We learned a lot and can't wait for the 5 replacements(all with respective names, of course) to turn into butterflies.{I will keep you posted}
Right after she hatched. Notice her tongue.
When Ashlyn released her, she walked right onto Ashlyn's finger then flew...


She is still "hanging" out around the yard.

2 comments:

Nursemom said...

Love the pictures. Glad to hear from you. I don't mind if you link to my blog. I'd love to stay in touch with people from Utah. Your little girl is so beautiful.

ARCHER'S said...

What a fun thing for Ashlyn to experience. I remember doing that when I was young. It was great!